BumbleBee Education take Child Protection very seriously and sets strict compliance policies to ensure that every teacher has been fully vetted and regulated to the correct standards before they begin working within our schools. We adhere to the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) Education Division Code of Practice. We vet, meet and clear all our candidates in accordance with “Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education” Guidelines, the “Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations” and the Department for Education/REC Quality Mark guidelines. In addition to this we meet UKBA guidelines to ensure that we prevent people working illegally in the UK. Confirmation of all completed vetting checks are provided to the client.
Summary of registration / Checks:
- Face-to-face registration
- Identity Check
- Teaching / Support staff Qualification
- References and previous employment history
- Health Check
- List 99
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Registered to DBS Update Service
- Agency Barring Check / NCTL Check
- Right to work in the UK
- The Childcare Act 2006 and the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009
- Disqualification By Association Act
The following checks are carried out during our face-to-face registration:
- Candidates are required to provide photographic proof of identity confirming name, date of birth and photographic likeness.
- Frist Proof of I.D – An original Passport, EU Photo I.D Card or Visa.
- Second Proof of I.D – Driving License/Provisional Licence, Marriage certificate or Birth certificate.
- Third Proof of I.D – Proof of UK address issued within the last three months (eg. Utility Bills, Bank Statements, Payslip or Tenancy Agreement).
- If the candidate’s name has been changed we will require clarification and request official documentation (eg. Marriage Certificate, Divorce Papers, Adoption papers or a Deed Poll Letter to verify this.
- Current CRB issued within the last three years.
Teaching candidates are required to hold a valid and recognised teaching qualification such as the following and proof must be seen:
- QTS, PGCE, Bachelor of Education, BA or BSc with Education, Diploma of Teaching.
- Bachelor of Early Education, Graduate Diploma of Education, Masters in Teaching/Education.
- Official Transcript if an NQT.
SUPPORT STAFF QUALIFICATIONS:
- HLTA, Level 2 & 3 Teaching assistant qualification, BTEC, NNEB, GNVQ 3 or CACHE level 3 in Childcare or Early years, SEN course completion.
- *Unqualified support staff must show a good level of reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- BumbleBee Education require a minimum of two references (Two written or one written and one verbal) one of which must be an education reference, both verified directly with the referee. One must be from the last or most recent employer. Written follow up is always secured on any verbal references.
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances – in most cases we will have two written teaching references from within the last two years, including one from the last or most recent referee, verified or sought directly with the referee.
- Candidates may be asked to provide up to 6 years of references without any gaps of employment. If they were not employed, details must be stated.
- References will be requested each term for candidates working through the agency so that teaching references remain updated, subject to cooperation of schools.
- All candidates will be required to complete a “Health Declaration Form” confirming they are medically fit to work in education (Teachers’ Qualifications and Health Standards, England Regulations 1999).
- Candidates may also be requested to provide a medical note or certificate from their doctor.
- If there is any doubt over the medical fitness of a candidate, a full medical certificate may be requested.
- Medical declaration forms will be updated every two years or sooner if deemed necessary by the agency.
- BumbleBee Education will check all candidates (under all known names) against the List 99 as required by Education (Restriction of Employment) Regulations 2000.
- Candidates will be required to have their details submitted for a List 99 check to verify that they have not been barred or restricted by the Secretary of State.
CONFIRMATION OF CHECKS:
- Schools will be provided with written notification via email indicating which checks have been undertaken on a teacher prior to them commencing any assignment.
- With regard to DBS Disclosures Head teacher’s may at their discretion allow teachers to commence assignments while their disclosure is pending, under appropriate supervision and providing other checks are already in place. The agency will inform the school of the date the DBS was requested and when it has been received.
- If any documents provided are in a foreign language, the agency may request an official translation
- Serious, deliberate fraud or deception in connection with an application for employment may amount to a criminal offence (Obtaining Pecuniary Advantage by Deception). In such cases BumbleBee Education will consider reporting the matter to the police. The case may also be reported to the DBS.
- Any candidates who are suspended or dismissed from a post due to any allegation or incident that may lead to Child Protection concerns will be reported to the DBS.
For any further information please contact our compliance team on firstname.lastname@example.org